Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ten

This boy is ten months.

Does his hair look red?

Every time I sit down to write a month-post it seriously seems like last week that I wrote the last one. I know I say something like that every time. But seriously.

Let's see. What's going on with him now, you ask? Well, let me tell you:

- He's got a bad cold that keeps him (me) (us all) up all night lately. It's always something with the sleep, isn't it?

- He's a master cruiser and has started "diving" from one piece of furniture to another adjacent one. Sometimes he's successful in getting a handhold before losing his balance.

- He's a total and utter Mama's boy. All Mama all the time thankyouverymuch. Part of me loooves it because he's my baaaybbeeeeeey, part of me hates it because I constantly have this 16 pound person attached to myself.

- He seems to be gaining weight, but I might just be telling myself that so that I can sleep easy. I'll make a weight check for him later this month to be sure. I have more to say about this, but maybe I'll save it for another post. Long story short: we might be weaning.

- He has about three words none of which are Mama. Which doesn't really seem fair for all the Mama's boyness I have to deal with. The least he could do is coo my name.  But he does say "Mo!" for more food, "Hi" is "Haaaaa" with a full-body wave, and "Dada." Of course with the Dada.

- He still only has two teeth with no new ones in sight, but that certainly doesn't stop him from chomping down everything in sight. He's a little gourmet, too. If I put Cheerios on his tray he will disdainfully push them onto the floor and whine until he gets whatever Lucy's eating. Snob.


- He's got some stellar dance moves. He pairs the deep-knee bend with the one hand in the air and add a little off-balance butt wiggle in there, and you've got a recipe for awesome. He and Lucy often have dance parties in their bedroom. It's every bit as cute as you might imagine.

- He can stand on his own for a few seconds at a time. But he still doesn't crawl on hands and knees. I don't think I was meant to have a baby that crawls conventionally. When this 10 month old uses his lightning fast speed-scooting to get to the bathroom before someone realizes the door's open he seriously looks like a speed skater with the grab/pull against the floor first one way and then the other.

- He is lost when his sister goes in a different room or closes the door to their bedroom to keep him out. He just doesn't even know what to do with himself, so he plants himself somewhere and yells, "YaaaBAH!  UUUUDahMUH!" Until she comes to get him. He just always wants to be wherever she is.

He has to see what she's doing on the iPad.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

So adorable! I always feel like I'm reading about my future when you do updates:)

Elsha said...

I think yes, the hair looks red. How did he get so big?!

It's so cute that he just wants to hang out with his sister. Mine follow each other around all the time and I just want it to go on forever!

Lisa said...

Oh, the cuteness! I can't stand it!

Kate P said...

The thought of "kid dance parties" cracks me up. They're getting so big!