Saturday, February 11, 2012

Scenes From My Day

The Bubba has been working 6+ days a week lately and that leaves me gracefully and lovingly taking care of my angel babies surviving. The kids have been pretty great lately, though, so I really can't complain too loudly.  Well, I CAN, but I TRY not to.

Lucy is the queen of the play-by-play. She will repeat something that I say to the Bubba with absolutely no notion that he might have heard me since he's part of the conversation and he's sitting right next to me. Last night the Bubba had to go to the bathroom and Lucy was being a b-r-a-t and not getting out of the way, so he picked her up and moved her. She bawled her little broken heart out saying "I was SO disaPPOINted!"  So what she's doing or thinking is no secret is what I'm saying.

She disappeared from the room a minute ago and then I hear, "Mom! I'm going potty!" to which I of course respond "Ok." But it doesn't stop there - "It's pee pee." pause "I'm done." pause "I'm going to wipe." pause "I got off the potty to wipe." pause "I used the paper towels (toilet paper) all up." pause. "I'm going to wash hands." Keep in mind that John and I are sitting three rooms away and she's hollering this at the top of her lungs. Somehow I have to figure out how to explain discretion to a three year old.

Oh! Three and a HALF she'll have you know. Since Tuesday. And she promply outgrew every stitch of clothing in her drawers. So I bought her some new leggings and jeans in girls' size 5/6. FIVE/SIX. This kid might just be six feet tall.

Today we went to the mail store to post a package to my cousin who just had a baby. The mail store is right across the street from the best bakery ever. So of course Lucy insisted we go in for a treat because we were all so good and patient in line. I really can't say no to a treat for waiting in a long line, even if I know the suggestion is a ruse from a three year old diabolical genius.

John is currently having half a chocolate bar doughnut (minus the chocolate) that Lucy licked clean and three ounces of formula for dessert after nursing and a butter-and-jelly sandwich for lunch. And yet the scale doesn't budge. This kid must just be stuffed with feathers and helium instead of bones and organs.

Summary: My life is very dull, my kids are very tall and very thin quirky little humans.  (Hm. That could be the summary of 98% of my posts.)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh, I love her! That potty play-by-play is too funny!