Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Goings On


  • I started running again. Well, I had been running here and there whenever it worked out, but this weekend I started actually making it a priority again.
  • I remember now why I stopped making it a priority. I don't get enough sleep (JOHN!) to recuperate and I am ALWAYS TIRED.
  • The Bubba's work has been crazy busy (what else is new?) and between traveling to Chicago and just getting stuff done at the office his presence is somewhat of a rarity around here. The only day he's here for sure is Sunday and that's the day *I* work.
  • As evidence of the above, Bubba pulled an all-nighter last night because there was something he had to submit to the City of Chicago today.
  • Combination of all of the above: Tired.
  • Lucy changes her mind at least daily about what she wants to be for halloween. The latest suggestions: a balloon, a fire hose, a sandwich, a train, a grasshopper, a square.
  • I would like Lucy to wear the crayon costume that my mommy made ME when I was four. We'll see if that happens.
  • Lucy is almost over the Preschool Cough of Death, so of COURSE John just got it. And I was So! Careful! About containing and washing and disinfecting. Goes to show you.
  • There's not a whole lot more pathetic than a six-month old with a wet, phlegmy cough complete with a gag reflex. Especially at night when I'm sitting up with him in the rocking chair ready to catch the cough-barf.
  • (My life is awesome)
  • (Tired)
  • I made Lucy a princess dress for a dress-up birthday party on Saturday. Well, I bought a dress at the thrift store to use the bodice and then I made the skirt. I am thrilled with how it turned out. I'll post pictures at some point. 
  • This led me to complain to the Bubba that even though I've been asking for a sewing machine for Christmas the last three years, Santa has yet to acquiesce.  Bubba told me it's because Santa doesn't want to bring me something so "domestic" preferring to leave things like a new laptop battery and fancy salon massages.  So I suggested that maybe it should be a Halloween present. Point of long boring story that you don't really care about: I have a new sewing machine on the way. 
  • Let's end it on that note, shall we? Yay new toys!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

A new sewing machine would thrill me, but even more would be a room to put it in! Every time I want to use my machine, I have to drag it out of the box in the closet and then guard it from the curious four-year-olds who want to watch the pretty needle go up and down. Ugh. Not fun.

L said...

Awww poor John. :( I would be crying too. Good luck with the running! When I get it going again I'll write about it too...it totally helps me.

Kate P said...

New sewing machine? NICE. Enjoy!