Saturday, August 13, 2011

Four



Didn't I just write a three month post? Yeah, well Johnny is four months old now. Time has sped up exponentially since John was born. I mean, the math might not back me up on this, but two kids is WAY more kids than one kid.

I like this picture because John and Toad are identical: slouchy body, vacant expression...

John found his feet yesterday. He's been watching his hands sail by his face for a couple weeks now with a curious Can I Eat These? expression. (He eats EVERYTHING.) But yesterday he got a hold of his feet. And, oh the joy of wrestling with something that wrestles back!

(Going for a Full Nelson on Toad)

This month I've gotten John on a predictable sleep schedule. I'll pause here for the appropriate accolades. Because all of a sudden? NO MORE FUSSY BABY. He's fun when he's awake! And giggly! And he plays and interacts! He rolls from front to back and back to front to reach for toys! I thought he might fuss me out, but as it turns out, it didn't last forever.

By far his favorite thing is sitting/laying somewhere and watching his sister play. Which is great for ME because it's Lucy's favorite thing too! From the other room I'll hear "Watch at THIS, Johnny!" and a train crash or a tower fall and then two sets of giggles. And I'm pretty sure that's what it sounds like when the angels sing.

Four months is FUN. All the happy with none of the fussy? I'll totally take it.

His new throne to better rule the family.

Also! I didn't tell you about his baptism! John Ignatius was baptized on July 31, the feast day of St. Ignatius. At our church we dunk the babies. I love this. I love the little naked babies splashing in the holy water.

There's just something about it; I always have to hold back tears.

And it was just such hard work being baptized, John passed right out afterward. The untroubled sleep of the newly forgiven, I suppose.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Ok for real...you two make some cute babies!

Shelby said...

Oh, he's such a handsome little man, Lizzie!

Lisa said...

Love it!

Kate P said...

"John and Toad Are Friends"--adorable! Congrats on your baptism, little guy.