Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Super Long Photo Update

Um, so evidently I'm only posting once a month now? Man, having a bitty baby and a demanding two-almost-three-year-old is really busy. Especially now that the sun is shining. We have this inbred need to be out and soak it up quick! before October comes and we don't see the sun again until next July!

So let me catch you up.

The Bubba ran his half marathon. This is the same one I ran last year just before we found out Johnny was on board. He (Bubba not Johnny) beat my time by 33 minutes. I love him anyway. (His time was 1:38.) Lucy dictated a poster for him:

and the kids and I went to cheer him on. It was kind of fun to be on the spectator side. Doing it with two babies was a challenge, though. Parking and strolling and finding space and herding the two-year-old and loading and snacking and peeing. And then Lucy was totally clueless when my Bubba actually ran by. Ah well!

Our 4th of July weekend was wonderful.

Saturday was our anniversary. The math tells me we've been married for 6 years.

Rehearsal dinner

I'd like to draw your attention to the Bubba's SMIRK here.
Me: Happy Joyful Him: Aw Yeeah.

I got caught up in a rabbit hole of looking at wedding photos just now. What a fun wedding we had! Seems like yesterday. And yet we look so YOUNG.

[Related tangent: I got fitted for contact lenses again a couple weeks ago (I've been wearing glasses exclusively since Lucy was born) and as I started wearing them, every time I looked in the mirror I was like "Where did all these WRINKLES come from???" My glasses were doing a good job of hiding them and convincing me that I still look 25 under there. HA!]

The Bubba took me out for dinner without our babies Saturday night. Of course we had to wait for them to be asleep, but by 8:45, we were at a fancy bar having a fancy drink and talking. Yup - we talked to each other. And then we had dinner at an awesome Puerto Rican place. It was heaven. We were out until almost 11 and I thought I might die of exhaustion. Big party animals up in here, people! But! John gave us a little gift and slept for 10! Hours! that night. Exclamation! Point!

Sunday, Lucy had her Very First Swim Lesson. Not a whole lot has made me feel more like a mom than signing Lucy up for swim lessons. And she was so excited that mere inches from the door to the pool, she took a huge digger and scraped up her knee and ankle. With blood dripping down her leg, I had to break her little heart and tell her they might not let her swim with an owie like that. However, one of the ladies was like, oh, here's a band-aid and if it comes off I'll get you another one. Nothing like being lax about open wounds in the pool, but whatever!

The Bubba was the parent in the pool. As if you needed me to tell you that. That's exactly what I need right now is to get in a SWIMSUIT in front of all of these moms of six month olds who can still wear bikinis. I have about 100 pounds to lose before I'll do that. Anyway - back to Lucy - she had an awesome time and blew bubbles and moterboated and kicked legs and she's been talking about it all week. So far so awesome.

We also spent some time at the zoo this weekend. It's always a special treat when Daddy comes with us.

Some random lady even offered to take our picture. I love how you can just see Johnny's eyes peeping out over the ergo. I also love how I mis-hooked my nursing tank and manage to look kind of skanky (sarcasm). But really, what are you going to do? I had to feed the boy child by the meerkats before running to see the orangutans. It happens.

That night, I asked Lucy what her favorite part of the day was. She said it was her ice cream treat that she got to eat at the park.

Can't blame her.

Elle est pas belle la vie!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the wedding photo- you were a gorgeous bride!

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVE the neckline on your wedding dress.

Manda said...

Ok so your kids are cute. But Lizzie? YOUR WEDDING DRESS!!!! Woman. It's gorgeous. As are you. And your kids.
Congrats on 6 years and here's to many more!

Elsha said...

Happy anniversary!

L said...

Oh man you crack me up. Great pics and story telling. Hope we hear from you again soon!

Kate P said...

Happy anniversary! (Haaaa about the smirk. Bubba knew he snagged a babe.)

And WTG Bubba on the running. Lu's right--those sneakers go so fast.