Friday, March 18, 2011

This Week, I Tell Ya..

This has been such a long week. I mean, it's finally Friday, which is good, right? But I feel like it should have been Friday at least a few days ago. This week I've been pulling activities out of my heinie to keep us busy and going somewhere other than crazy.

My last day at work was Monday. It was bittersweet. I mean, I'm excited to have this baby and start fresh with students in the fall, but it also means I'm doing even more thumb twiddling until the baby comes. But it really is a blessing because the Bubba's work schedule isn't any different, and I know that you're probably sick to death of me talking about it but dude! 60-70 hour weeks! It's exhausting for everyone involved! And now that my work schedule is nonexistent, he can concentrate fully on meeting his deadline April 1 and I can work on keeping us all nutritiously fed and somewhat sane.

I had a midwife visit Wednesday at 37w3d. They still don't want to see me every week yet. And I'm still blown away at how laid back they are there. I think this was the sixth time I've gone into the office for a regular checkup. 6! In 9 months! And this was the group B strep test week, so I thought, Ah! The beginning of the poking checkups. Joy! But my midwife let me take the samples myself. It was so much more awesome than having to undress and get poked.

Bidou is leveling out in his growth - he was measuring about 38+ weeks, so no signs point to having a 12lb 30in baby. Which is nice. I go back and see them again at 39+ weeks "Unless you have the baby by then!" See? Laid back.

My weight gain has been weird, though. I mean, I've gained a lot more than I wanted to this time around (knowing how frakking hard it was to get off the first time around!) but I don't know where the weight is going - I still fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans (not that they're particularly COMFORTABLE because of the waistband/belly interference, but, just sayin' my hips/butt are the same size), and Bidou's not huge... when this baby comes out, am I going to look like a marshmallow on a couple of toothpicks? To be determined. I'll be sure to let you know first thing.

The past few days we've had a leeeeettttlee bit of sun, so Lucy and I have been taking advantage by working in the yard. I've weeded a lot. Our little garden patches are almost ready for the sprouts that Lucy's growing in our window sill. We've got bush peas and zucchini and butternut squash and bell peppers starting right now. And a variety of flowers. I'm pretty sure she'll be excited to put them in the ground. Yesterday we dug up several worms and bugs, and Lucy went from being fascinated to scared and back with every new one. I let her get filthy and dig with sticks and tromp around the yard in rain boots and she's been in heaven. Hooray for glimpses of Spring!

Tomorrow I have a churchy thing to help facilitate all day - the Catherine of Sienna Called and Gifted program. It's really cool, actually, and I'm happy to be a part of it. It's just that anything at this point that is "all day" sounds awfully intimidating. Especially since a quick trip to Target for cleaning supplies and toilet paper is enough to leave me begging for a nap.

Speaking of naps! My mama-llama comes on Monday to help/entertain us! So this weekend will be full of Getting Stuff Done. Oh, I've been consistently knocking stuff off our Baby List, you'll be happy to know. Really, the stuff that's left is stuff that can be left. Go me! I did leave the pampering part - because a fancy-pants mani-pedi spa day is first on the list for me and the Llama to do when she gets here. And Lucy's convinced that "Gram wants to hug and kiss me. But she'll read me lotsnlotsa books!" So that works out for her (Even though I'm sure she's trying to figure out a way to sidestep the first part - Lu is not a cuddler.). So, everybody wins!

Now, just to make it to Monday...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

So soon! So exciting! Vivian and I were sad to not get to hang out with you guys this week. Bad timing, us getting sick during your last week of boredom. But we're all excited to meet your baby boy soon!

Lindsay said...

Ooh, that program looks really neat! Wish I lived out there! :o/ I'll keep praying for you all. I'm super excited for the little one, and I hope you get a ton of pampering when your mom comes. :o)

Shelby said...

Wow, youre getting so close! I'm glad your mom is arriving. Can't wait to hear the good news!

Pierre JOUNEAU said...

Je vois que Bidou ne va pas tarder à montrer le bout de son nez. Gros bisous à vous tous. Bisous aussi à Becky qui est sans doute arrivée à Seattle

Pierre