Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bidou List

[Lucy is reading a book to herself (gasp!) so I have 10 minutes with my laptop and a cup of coffee. Bliss!]

So. Here's the thing. I have like five and a half weeks to go until Bidou's approximated arrival. And I'm not ready. I read A'Dell's list the other day and got all Panicky! I need a list! I have things I need to do to! Things aren't getting done! I have NOTHING! NOT REAAADDDYYYY!

And then I slapped myself, took a deep breath and made my own list:
  1. Look for a small rocker or glider to replace huge leather chair in our bedroom. (Just purchased last weekend!)
  2. Assemble bassinet and make sure it fits in our bedroom
  3. Purchase e-reader for breast-feeding entertainment
  4. Purchase infant car seat! (procured yesterday) (whew!)
  5. Install infant car seat!
  6. Purchase sit n stand stroller (I'm pretty sure Lucy will deign to ride in this one)
  7. Price/reasearch a double jogger (I'm so looking forward to running again! And I think Craigslist will come through for me if I'm patient...)
  8. Pick out "coming home" outfit for our little man
  9. Figure out registration for pre-school for Lucy. (Registration at the school I'm looking at is 5 days before my due date!)
  10. Send in hospital pre-registration (just faxed it this morning!)
  11. Pack hospital bag
  12. Fill out (midwife-required) birth plan form (Birth plan: I go with the flow, yo.)
  13. Pack hospital bag
  14. Buy more cloth diapers (that aren't pink!)
  15. Decide the Bubba's vacation/at home time (to be reassessed closer to the due date as things *HOPEFULLY* quiet down a little for him at work)
  16. Start freezing some dinners/compiling crock pot dinner recipes
  17. Stock up on random newborn stuff like diapers and pacifiers.
  18. Decide whether we need to put up the changing table or not (right now I'm thinking not)
  19. Sort through Lucy's toys and organize her closet (the kids will eventually share a room!)
  20. Get a mani-pedi
  21. Finish knitting dinosaur sweater FLOG (that I started 3 months ago when we found out this is a boy)
  22. Think about birth announcements
  23. PICK A NAME FOR THIS POOR CHILD
  24. Review birthing materials, pain management, infant CPR, etc.
  25. Buy bedding for our extra bedroom (where my mommy will be staying!)
So, there are still a couple of things that need to be taken care of. But the nice thing is that mostly it's just putter-y getting ready stuff and not OMG I DON'T HAVE A BABY SEAT WHAT IF I GO INTO LABOR TOMORROW kind of stuff.

But. Stuff still needs to get done.

Especially number 23.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

5 1/2 weeks? WOW!!! Can't believe he's going to be here so soon! So excited to meet him!

-R- said...

Once you pack your hospital bag, you will have both items 11 and 13 completed!

We got a double stroller that B likes. He and H took it for a test ride at the MOA. If you want the info, let me know.

Thank you for reminding me that I need to freeze some food this weekend!

My friend Anna just started making birth announcements (though she has been a designer for a while and is a marketing professional). Let me know if you are interested in her info.

5 1/2 weeks is plenty of time! You will get it all done!

Elsha said...

First of all, I love your birth plan.

Secondly, you never know how long the name might take. I had friends who didn't name their 5th child until she'd been home from the hospital for like 3 days. She said they were "making sure it was right."

april said...

We have a Joovy Sit and Stand, and my 3-year old loves it. He can sit, he can stand, and if he's being a pain the buckle for his seat stands up to bucking and tantrums.

As for names, I can't remember if you posted types of names you liked or rules for naming, but my boys are Spencer and Henry and I love those names (and you're welcome to them, since I don't know you really anyhow, haha) and I also love Oliver and Samuel. And Graham. And Simon.

Kate P said...

Why all the stress about the name? My parents didn't name my sister until they were about to bring her home from the hospital, and she's a perfectly normal person. (O.K., my parents did do a weird spelling with her name, but she has definitely grown into it.)

kirida said...

Of all these, I would say get the mani-pedi first. That's the easiest one to handle and you benefit right away.