[Lucy is reading a book to herself (gasp!) so I have 10 minutes with my laptop and a cup of coffee. Bliss!]
So. Here's the thing. I have like five and a half weeks to go until Bidou's approximated arrival. And I'm not ready. I read A'Dell's list the other day and got all Panicky! I need a list! I have things I need to do to! Things aren't getting done! I have NOTHING! NOT REAAADDDYYYY!
And then I slapped myself, took a deep breath and made my own list:
Look for a small rocker or glider to replace huge leather chair in our bedroom.(Just purchased last weekend!)
- Assemble bassinet and make sure it fits in our bedroom
- Purchase e-reader for breast-feeding entertainment
Purchase infant car seat! (procured yesterday) (whew!)
- Install infant car seat!
- Purchase sit n stand stroller (I'm pretty sure Lucy will deign to ride in this one)
- Price/reasearch a double jogger (I'm so looking forward to running again! And I think Craigslist will come through for me if I'm patient...)
- Pick out "coming home" outfit for our little man
- Figure out registration for pre-school for Lucy. (Registration at the school I'm looking at is 5 days before my due date!)
Send in hospital pre-registration(just faxed it this morning!)
- Pack hospital bag
- Fill out (midwife-required) birth plan form (Birth plan: I go with the flow, yo.)
- Pack hospital bag
- Buy more cloth diapers (that aren't pink!)
- Decide the Bubba's vacation/at home time (to be reassessed closer to the due date as things *HOPEFULLY* quiet down a little for him at work)
- Start freezing some dinners/compiling crock pot dinner recipes
- Stock up on random newborn stuff like diapers and pacifiers.
- Decide whether we need to put up the changing table or not (right now I'm thinking not)
- Sort through Lucy's toys and organize her closet (the kids will eventually share a room!)
- Get a mani-pedi
- Finish knitting dinosaur sweater FLOG (that I started 3 months ago when we found out this is a boy)
- Think about birth announcements
- PICK A NAME FOR THIS POOR CHILD
- Review birthing materials, pain management, infant CPR, etc.
Buy bedding for our extra bedroom (where my mommy will be staying!)
So, there are still a couple of things that need to be taken care of. But the nice thing is that mostly it's just putter-y getting ready stuff and not OMG I DON'T HAVE A BABY SEAT WHAT IF I GO INTO LABOR TOMORROW kind of stuff.
But. Stuff still needs to get done.
Especially number 23.