Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Isn't It Time For Some Whine?

I've been awfully tired lately. I just marked it up to third trimester fatigue. But then, I was finding it hard to wake up after having slept for nine hours. And then needing a nap. And then being ready for bed at 8 PM again. So I thought, "Hmmm. Is this a bit extreme?"

It turns out it was. My blood tests came back showing that I'm anemic. I'm kind of relieved. I mean, it's not necessarily *my* fault that I've been a tired, crabby bear for the past week or two. I haven't figured out a way to explain that to Lucy just yet, but at least I've got science on my side. (As a side note, she drew portraits of me and my friend today and I'll let you guess who had a happy smile and who was frowning in the picture...)

So now I'm taking like seven thousand and eighty-two various vitamins every day. I've only been on vamped up iron for the past two days, so I'm not feeling better yet. I just have to push through. Dear LORD, it's hard being constantly exhausted. My house has suffered. My daughter has suffered. My Bubba - well, he's been working too much to notice any neglect from me...

I'll add that it was a very inconvenient time for the Bubba to have a business trip this week. And this the first of many, many, MANY more trips - like WEEKLY - to come between now and Bidou. The on-site dude asked him to stay another day. I clenched my teeth when he phoned and asked, "And what did you say?" The Bubba did the right thing and turned him down. (But for the wrong reason: that his birthday is tomorrow. I don't care how he chooses to spend his birthday. Meetings? Have attem, Bubba! Exhausted, pregnant, anemic wife with an energetic toddler whose super power is to destroy everything in sight in an extraordinary short period of time? THERE'S a reason!)

Basically I've been sucking at everything but sleeping lately. Which has been as awesome as you can imagine.

The End.

No comments: