Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two More Days

So the official move is on Saturday morning. It's finally in sight, and I can't wait until it's over. I have been s-l-o-w-l-y making my way through the house and sorting and purging and organizing. And then I got tired of that. And lately I've been organizing/packing maybe one box a day if I'm lucky.

But! I did get the kitchen cabinets at the new place scrubbed and contact papered and whatnot. That takes some time out of the just-moved in schedule. And it also guarantees that I won't have to clean this house and THEN go over and clean the new house one right after the other. Ugh.

I've also been making a trip over to the new place every day with odd-shaped stuff. Pedestal fans and diaper pails and that awkward little table. That sort of thing. Hopefully, then, when we get the truck, it'll just be boxes and furniture in, and boxes and furniture out. Followed by a brisk, satisfied hands-brushing-off.

Only two more days of limbo.

1 comment:

Kate P said...

Hey, progress is progress. I hope everything goes really well!