- I am 12 weeks along give-r-take.
- We are calling this baby Bidou in utero (just like we called Lu Baby Tad). Bidou is slang for a chubby belly in French.
- Baby Bidou is due April 4th (evidently we like repeating birthdays – Lucy was almost born on 8/8, Bidou comes around 4/4… Maybe it’ll make remembering their birthdays easier when I’m senile.)
- I have switched from by OB (who was fine but maybe not AWESOME) to a group of midwives in the area. So far? LOVE. They are completely laid back and chill and Your Body Knows What It’s Doing So Don’t Worry So Much and the complete opposite of my old OB group.
- I would maybe have waiting a little longer before announcing the news to the whole Hoi Polloi, but I couldn’t hide my already huge belly from my co-workers anymore and I figure if my work peeps know, my support peeps should surely know too.
- Part of the Laid Back Midwives deal means that I didn’t get an ultrasound at my first visit, and opted out of the silly screenings and whatnot that we're not at risk for and therefore I am (pretend) nervous that there’s two babies up in here. (There is really no chance that there are two. Unless I just jinxed myself.) Mostly just because I’d like to have an excuse for how positively enormous I already am. 12 weeks. Maternity pants. Come on. (FYI I've gained 2 pounds. I blame the lack of running mileage and not the behbeh, but you never know...)
In case you don't believe me: photographic evidence.
- Lucy really doesn’t have any idea what’s going on pregnancy-wise, but she’s a pleaser. She likes to be funny and she likes the reactions when she tells people what they want to hear. At two years old, she’s already a flatterer and a feeler. So, I’m pretty sure she asks about her baby sister because she knows it makes us smile and laugh and give her smooches.
- A big package of maternity clothes that I ordered came yesterday. God bless yoga pants! These should get me through the next sixish months. I'm 3 sizes smaller than with Lucy, so my clothes from Lucy's pregnancy are swimming on me. And besides that, I think I wore the same thing every single day from May to August with Lucy and was so sick of those three things that I just got rid of them. So! Replacements! Hooray!
Anything else you need to know?