Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just Like That

Once upon a time in July 2010, I was suspicious.

One day, a 10-mile bike ride made me too tired to do speed work on the track after. Ok, that can be explained away – that’s a lot of activity, you know? But then the next day, a four-mile run felt like the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my whole life. Add that to the sleepy factor. I had just been so TIRED. Like waking up tired. Which leads to crabbing at Lucy whether or not she deserves it.

And then – and this was the clincher – I fell asleep on the couch in full sun reading her a book. That doesn’t happen. I usually have a really hard time napping during the day. Even when Lucy was a newborn and I was so exhausted I couldn’t see straight. Even then. But here I was, waking up with sunburn on my neck and drool on my chin and Lucy the Angel Child playing quietly with her trains.

I put it all together, and though, ooooooh. I see what’s going on here. And I peed on a stick.

And lo.

There were two lines.

(2nd pregnancy = already huge!)

In the spring, we will be a family of four.

22 comments:

-R- said...

Yay!

Also, you do not look huge.

Holly said...

Oh Hooray! Congrats to you and your family! :) And I wholeheartedly agree -- NOT HUGE. You, are adorable!

Manda said...

LIZZIE!!!!!!!
Maggie and I were talking when she was here for the wedding wondering who'd be next. I'M SO GLAD IT'S YOU!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!

Shelby said...

Wonderful, fantastic, incredible news! I second Amanda, we were all chatting when Maggie was down this way, wondering if you'd be the next one. I'm so very excited for you! You'll be in my prayers!

Jennie said...

No, you look amazing! And big, huge congrats.

Carrie said...

:)

Morgan S. said...

Hooray! I had a very odd feeling that when I checked your blog today, you would be making an announcement like that. Congratulations.

Lindsay said...

Liz!!!!! Elatedness abounds!! :o) I am so happy for you all! That is so wonderful, congratulations! Also, mildly perturbed that you can do that much whilst pregnant when I can't and obviously am not pregnant. You are Superwoman. Seriously. Go, you.

The Rathmell Family said...

I'm delurking!! CONGRATULATIONS!! This is wonderful news!

Annie said...

YAY!!!!!! Oh how wonderful! What a beautiful family of four - your newest baby is so blessed already to be joining all of you. Tim and I will be praying for you all during these next several months. Congratulations, friend, we are SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Arwen said...

Hooray! So happy for you - that's wonderful news! Lots of prayers for that baby and for an easy pregnancy for you.

Elizabeth said...

OMG Congratulations! I am soooo excited for you guys! As someone who is cuddling my little snuggle lumps RIGHT NOW, I've gotta say - it's gonna be amazing.

Dr. Maureen said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Spacebooke said...

Yay! So excited for you guys...I've been reading since before Lucy was born and can't wait to hear more. ps love the family pic

ccr in MA said...

Ooh, congratulations!

Though, huge? Not even.

Tara said...

Hooray! It sounds like Lucy will be a great big sis. Congrats!

amber theiss said...

Congrats!! We love you!

Wes & Teresa said...

Congrats! I can't believe all the babies coming from that family that we have to look forward to.

Julie said...

Oh, much, much congratulations!! Such exciting news! I hope you are feeling great. :)

Mary said...

I'm so happy for you! What wonderful news! I was wondering when I'd be reading a post like this from you. Any idea how far along you are?

Elsha said...

Delurking to say congratulations!

Kate P said...

Aaaaahhhh! I'm sorry I was away while you announced this! Congrats and woo-hoo!!!!!!