Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nothing to Read Here...

It's Wednesday already. We don't have a whole lot going on this week. Nothing INTERESTING, anyway. We've taken trips to the zoo, library, groceries. You know, the weekly things that make our family run right.

We're still running. We've got our 10k race in 10 days, and the training for that is bleh. I've given up on the track speed work. It's disappointing, but honestly it was making me too tired to deal with the daily grind, and that wasn't working for Lucy. And after all, she IS my first priority. I mean, I GUESS.

The Bubba has a deadline at work next Friday, so chances are I won't see him too much for the next few. He goes into work early, comes home late and brings work with him to do at the dining room table. It seriously cuts into my Complain to the Only Other Adult I See All Day time, but I guess it pays the bills!

Speaking of complaining, I've been doing more than my share lately. I blame children in general, Lucy in particular, and the molars therein to be even more specific. The whine-fest that is my daily grind can be ... um ... gosh ... whatstheword? ... sucky? BUT! I've made a promise to stop whining so much myself. And it helps. A little. At least I'm not so focused on the crud. Lucy and I have been counting our blessings at night, too. That helps. Lucy always thanks God for the zoo and the sandbox, and that's enough to melt my heart.

Oh! I also I got roped into a commission at church. I'm sure that will be some good Catholic gossip for the blog right there.

So! To sum up: Nothing going on around here, we're boring and dull. I'll be sure to let you know if that changes.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I'm right there with you with the whining and suckiness. Except? I CAN HAVE NO WINE.
And so I resolved to biotch until my pregnant head falls off. SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MY TODDLER!