Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Photos: Birthday Recap

Lucy was so thrilled with everything about her birthday party, I'm so glad I went ahead and threw one. I wasn't going to. I mean, I was weighing the work-to-benefit ratio and it almost tipped in the favor of too much bother. Especially since the Bubba was out of town the week prior to the party. But then I came to my senses. Friends coming over and sharing food and fun is NEVER too much of a bother! And Lucy's expression the whole day was something like this:


or this:

She was so excited to see all her little friends come over, and she had no idea there would be cupcakes or presents, so she was beside herself with excitement. It was definitely worth it.

Lucy asked for elephants and sprinkles. The cupcakes are just yellow cake with buttercream frosting, and the elephants (which Lucy "helped" me cut out) are these. Very yummy.

The next exciting thing is Grandma's visit next week! For the last, oh, 4 days or so, every morning Lucy makes a "train" with the dining room chairs and "rides to the airport to get Grandma."

"Choo, choo!"
(The dress is the "door to keep people safe.")

Next up? Lucy has her 3 year appointment this afternoon - I'll let you know how that goes. Then, a relaxing weekend, dim sum on Sunday with these girls (Eeeeee!) and getting ready for Grandma to come on Tuesday morning! Ready.....GO!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

She just gets cuter every day! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Lindsay said...

Liz... she is so beautiful. Happy belated birthday, Lucy!!! :o)