For her birthday, I wanted to splurge a little bit, though, and buy her a doll house. At a friend's house she spend a good chunk of time putting the dollies to bed and getting them up again and giving them a bath, and repeat ad nauseam. I thought "What a great present for a two year old!" Thus started the Quest for the Perfect Dollhouse.
My criteria are these:
- Must have openy - closey things
- Must be small enough that it doesn't take up prime real estate in my Living Space
- Must be cute and/or cool (read: wood or really nice even if it's plastic)
- Must have parts big enough to have around smaller babies
- Must fit into my (meager) budget
Within the scope of this research, The Perfect Dollhouse does not exist. Sad face. Disappointment reigns. What now? Now I'm positively STUCK on this idea, and I can't think of any other birthday present that might even be somewhat appropriate.
So, like any good perfectionist, I drew up some plans for an openy-closey smallish dollhouse. And then I went to Lowes and spend $20ish on materials.