Friday, May 7, 2010

Just Ugh

Lucy is twenty-one months old today. And I have a post half-written about Twenty-One and how the past month has been. But I don't want to work on it today. I don't want to think about writing anything but Whiney McCrabberson Wah Wah Wah. And so I shall.

This week has been a ... um ... what's the word?

CHALLENGE, I believe.

I've been working extra hours this week, and will be for the rest of the month, to pick up some slack at work. It's great, and I really like being there, and I don't mind the work at all. The thing I don't like is that I'm working from 12-6 on Sunday and weekdays from 6 to 9pm. After a full day with Lucy. I have to be super efficient with my day because my After Lucy's Asleep Do Stuff Time doesn't exist anymore. So I've been making dinner at nap time (HA! NAPTIME! I'll get to that part of the story in a minute!) Laundry/errands/cleaning/other chores all while Lucy is one step behind me destroying whatever it is I'm trying to accomplish.

And then there's a little issue I'll call DEMON TORTURE. The child doesn't sleep in the wee hours any more. Instead, any time from 1-5 am she is not happy unless she is being rocked or is in our bed covered by our orange blanket, poking us in the eyes and ears and nostrils as we try to doze. We've blamed it on teeth. Just like we've blamed everything bad for the past year plus. But those eye teeth still haven't poked their little pokes through, darn them.

The not sleeping at night? It sucks. But so does the not sleeping during the day. And in combination of all of the above, the amount of suckage is exponential.

You see, the equation would go something like this: You have Sleep (s) - or lack of it, Lucy (L) = too tired to behave, Mama = too tired to be patient, and Suckage (S) ----> S = (L x M) to the s power.

We're somewhere around (3,7) today.

I'll try to get around to the Lucy update tomorrow. Or Sunday. Ah, hell. Let's call it someday.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow- just when I think I can't like you any more- you make a graph about the suckage of your day. You are my hero!!

Good luck with the extra work and all. Hope you get some rest soon!

-R- said...

That sounds like a really difficult week! I hope Lucy starts sleeping again really soon.

For some reason, I though Lucy was 6 months ahead of B; I'm surprised she's only 3 months ahead. She has so many more words than B. That's really cool!

Lisa said...

Oh, I hear you on the night sleep. We're having that problem too. But all her teeth are in, so I'm not sure what to blame it on.