Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a New Year

So they tell me it's 2010 now!

We didn't end up staying awake until midnight last night. It's been at LEAST three years since that happened. We're so thrilling. (Wanna be friends?)

Also, did you know that I met my sweet Bubba at a small gathering of friends six years ago last night? It's true. And happily ever after blah, blah, blah. A bit of Lizzie trivia for you there.

I don't usually make resolutions for the New Year. I barely even reflect on the ups and downs of the previous year. I guess I just don't take the time to. And also I'm lazy.

This next year, though? It's going to be something.

First, the Bubba and I are going to buy a car. And thus begins the car buying anxiety. What do we like? What do we hate? How much can we afford? Buy or lease? You all are probably very practical and had cars to suit your family situations before they became critical. We, however, are still driving around in a two-door Honda Civic. Which we do own. But really. Two doors with an infant seat? Not awesome. Also? Our new car has to fit at least one more huge-ass infant seat in the back. (NO, we are not pregnant right now. Just expect to have this car for a while.)

Second, I signed up to run a half-marathon in June. Five and a half months from now, I will force my body to run 13.1 miles. This is a post onto itself, so for now I'll just say, HOLY CRAP. And I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Third, we will probably move this year. Just to another rental house around these parts. Our plan is to rent a house that's a little bit nicer for the next few years until we can think about buying. Things we're looking for in a different house that we don't currently have: heat in every room (novel!), electrical outlets that are not from the dawn of time and make us nervous about electrical fires (crazy!), laundry that isn't in the garage that I don't have to go outside to access. So high-maintenance.

This year I'll have a one and a half year old. And then a two year old. I imagine we're going to enjoy some hiking this year that we don't have to cram in the minutes between a first or second nap. We might even try camping as a family! Hooo, boy, I don't even know what I think about that just yet. This year we're going to travel to Wisconsin to visit family and Lucy will actually be able to play with and enjoy her cousins. This year I'll be married to the love of my life for 5 years.

This year is going to kick butt.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oooh, we're going to buy a car too, for all the same reasons! I look forward to you figuring what kind of car I need to buy for me :)

Also, happy sort of anniversary. And happy new year.

Lindsay said...

I'm very excited to hear about the car purchase progression, and the half marathon training...ok well I am excited to hear about your move to and EVERYTHING ok? We too hope to car buy and I am a total first timer so....

Amy --- Just A Titch said...

Sounds like an awesome year, friend. Happy 2010!