Friday, January 29, 2010

Days 6 and 7

Hm. I missed a day. Maybe that's because I was so freaking tired that I fell asleep on top of the covers with all of my clothes on at 8:30. And it turns out that it was fortuitous that I did, because Lucy woke up at 1am sobbing for MyDada and wanted nothing to do with me. It took me a good couple hours to get her to calm down and sleep some more. Poor girl. I wish I could help her understand what's going on. Her weeping was just so pitiful and heart wrenching.

We went to the pool this morning. We went the very first time last week, and Lucy was sort of a 'fraidy cat. Not so this week! The girl was jumping from the side into the pool and letting her head go under and generally being really funny. She even tried "swimming" which involved squirming around under the water and letting her body float up while she supported herself with her hands. Unfortunately for me, she also got more adventurous in exploring outside the pool and thinks it's HILARIOUS to run away from me and not listen.

Tonight I have entertainment coming at 6:30 for dinner and general merrymaking, so tonight should be fun. (Shout out to Mike and Lisa! By the way, Mike, when Lucy is pretending to talk on the phone lately, she's ALWAYS talking to you!) I'm going to make chicken and broccoli alfredo from scratch. Mmmmmm. How I love carbs when they're paired with more carbs and fats.

If I have learned one thing in the past week, it's that the time I get to myself when the Bubba is around is AWESOME and I miss it. The time I get to myself this week SUCKS and usually involves cleaning up whatever meal we just finished and picking up toys and doing laundry. Well that and trying frantically to schedule something fun for us to do in the child's waking hours. And here I thought I didn't get out enough before. HA!

3 comments:

Manda said...

I can so relate to the falling asleep fully clothed at 8:30 deal! Whew! I am spoiled over here ... daddy usually does the bath/bedtime routine and he's going to be working tonight so I'm in charge. A little cranky about that I must say. Luckily we also have buddies coming over and THEY are bringing dinner with them, yay!

Carrie said...

Glad you've made it this far- but poor little Lucy! hope the rest of the time passes quickly.

Kate P said...

Surely the broccoli cancels out any damage from the alfredo. . .