Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 4

I can't believe it's only been four days and that I have many more of these things to go before my husband is back and my life gets back to normal.

Lucy refused to even go near the potty today. She would talk about the "METS!" every time I suggested it and "NOOOOO??" But she still let me know when it was time to poop. Ah well. Someday.

I'm exhausted and can't sleep well. I skipped an easy run today because I'm tired. I think I need to take care of myself in other ways right now, but then again, I sort of feel like that's a really easy cop out. But I AM tired.

So tired, in fact, that I just spent almost three hours sewing the crap out of the new project I've been obsessing over in order to keep from being lonely, and I just realized that for at least the last two of those hours I've been sewing the wrong freaking parts to the wrong other freaking parts. So frustrating. I have to take it all out, and now it's late and I'm super tired and I'm at the same point in my project as at a normal, healthy bedtime except now it's late and I'm going to be crabby tomorrow.

AND WAH!

I got to talk to the Bubba this morning for a few minutes. And really, I should be counting my blessings because he started his day with a 7am meeting and called me as soon as he got back to the apartment (that he's sharing with a contractor from Lebanon named Ed) at 10:30 pm. That's a long ass day.

I didn't even take a picture of Lucy to post for my sweet hard working Bubba.

THE END, TUESDAY. I GIVE.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'd come over and ease your loneliness if you weren't a couple thousand miles away. We've had long business trip absences from Daddy, but the longest was about 12 days. And I live ten miles from my parents and my sister, who entertain us (mostly Olivia, so I can have some quiet time) nearly every day during such times. I can't imagine three whole weeks as a single parent without any familial reinforcements whatsoever. You are in my thoughts!!!