Monday, January 11, 2010

The Cough

Is there anything more pathetic than a toddler with a cough? Especially when it's wet and at the end she gags on the drainage? (TMI? Sorry.)

And then looks at you like you somehow caused/could have prevented this?

Oh, and she wakes up thirteen million times a night coughing and then sadly moaning for Mama.

Oh, and when Mama goes into her room, she quietly and sadly says, "Up, please, Mama." Or "Hold you, please."

So then Mama ends up holding her upright in the chair or walking around the kitchen for a good couple hours a night. Or laying in her crib with her trying for the love of all that is good and holy to get her to lay her head back down.

Sigh.

Needless to say we haven't gotten much sleep in the past few nights. My poor mom visiting from Wisconsin this week has been asking me how often this happens. And not entirely believing me when I say, "Um, not often."

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ugh. I hope Lucy feels better soon and that you all get some sleep soon!

Annie said...

OH Lizzie. I know. It came through here with a VENGEANCE last week and it was awful. I'm sorry Lucy is sick & hope she is feeling better soon. xoxo