Monday, January 18, 2010

Back To It

I'm doing all I can to get back to some sort of life routine.

My mama left on Saturday, and then the child started melting down at every turn: "Where is my undivided attention?! Why don't I have an iPhone?!?! WHERE'S GRAMMA?"

That girl. She's just really something today. She'll squeeze the spout of her no-spill sippy cup so that the milk flows freely into a puddle on the floor or grab something she's not supposed to have and run! with it. And then she'll ask for a kiss, "count" the freckles on my chest and pet my cheek while crooning "niiice". I guess I have to remember that this transition is just as hard/harder on her.

I also need to start running and training back up at full tilt, and I'm just dreading this whole week. The oxymoronic part is that I know that if I just get into it, it'll get done and I'll feel so good about it. It's just the doing it that hurts. So you know what I did? I made myself a chart and got out the gold stars. Grade school style, people. We'll see if it makes a difference.

Here we go, Monday. Try not to be too hard on me, ok?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Lizzie, you're awesome. Gold stars - that's a great idea. I, too, need some motivation this week. Perhaps a visual aid is just what I need as well. Thanks for the idea!