Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merry Weeks Before Christmas!

Hey guys! It’s been a while! I’ve been quiet lately. A combination of using all my free time to get Christmas presents done and lack of writing ideas.


Well, that and also Grandma and Grandpa T came to visit this past weekend for “Christmas” two weeks early. And nothing says blog fodder like a visit from the in-laws! They haven’t seen Lucy and vice versa since January. We could say that Lu’s changed a little bit in the last eleven and a half months.


We had Christmas right away on Thursday night because the Bubba couldn’t wait. And really, what’s cuter than a grown man excited to open presents with his parents?



A baby that gets more excited about packing peanuts that what’s in the box.



That’s what.

And this? This little gem?

This is the Bubba belly laughing.


Maybe your husbands do this all the time. Maybe you live with people that laugh and joke with each breath. My husband, however? He saves laughing for things that are just Very Truly Funny to him. Don’t get me wrong – I don’t mean to say this man is a Dud. He’s funny and he’ll laugh. But the Belly Laugh - the Really and Truly Funny laugh - is oh so different. And when it happens? When he laughs right from the bottom of his being? The stars twinkle a little brighter and everyone’s mood lightens and things are just generally better. Thanks to Grandpa, I have PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of the Bubba belly laughing and it makes me crack up and makes me happy just looking at it.


I’d like to add that this belly laugh is due to a misunderstanding. You see the plate he’s holding? It was a White Elephant gift from his parents. It’s a plate he painted for them. I thought it was awfully cute, and asked when he did it FULLY expecting them to say “5th grade!” Oh no. It’s from when he was in COLLEGE. Hilarity ensued.


Lucy gets sweet treats for breakfast when Grandma's here!


I have so much more to tell you. Like about a trip to Leavenworth among other things, but it will have to wait. Today is all about laundry. Well, laundry and cookies. Somehow I got suckered into making cookies for the Bubba’s office Cookie Exchange. And that involves a trip to the grocery store, methinks.


So! More to follow! You: On tenterhooks!

No comments: