Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve Thoughts

It's Wednesday! One pie down, another pie and a couple salads to go.

I love this kick-off to the holiday season. I like smelling the turkey bake in the oven all day. I like being fussy about hors d'oeuvres and desserts. And I love the anticipation of hot cocoa and tea and cookies by the Christmas tree.

And this year, especially, I like that Lucy understands some of it. She helped me whip cream with a hand mixer last night singing "Stir, stir stir!" I can't wait to see how she reacts to the Christmas tree and stockings. Oh no! Lucy needs a stocking. Add that to my list....

I'm having a hard time harnessing my jealousy of all our family together in Wisconsin. For whatever reason, I'm being more emotional than usual about it this year. And maybe it's because Lucy is understanding more. I want her to understand holidays with family.

I've had to remind myself at least four times already today that there will be time for that.

No comments: