Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Photos: Afterthought Edition

Guess who sept ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE NIGHT for the first time in days?? ME AND LUCY AND THE BUBBA! And this morning? Oh, I love everything. The dishes! I get to do them! My sweet baby! She's just so incredible! My house! I get to finish cleaning it this morning!

And guess what else?

My sister is coming today!! She lives in Wisconsin. And lives a very busy life with 7 children and a husband and a job. And I don't think she's ever visited me where I live before. Not even when I still lived in Wisconsin. MY SISTER! IS COMING! TO SEATTLE! TODAY! And my BIL and one niece and one nephew. Wheeee!

We've got a family wedding this weekend (I KNOW. Another wedding. And this is the end - well, I hope it is because I'm totally BROKE) and my sister decided last week that she was going to throw caution to the wind and come to Seattle! It's as good an excuse as any to come and visit me. Even if I only get her to myself for a day and a half.

I've made an itinerary in order to maximize the hang-out time and sight-seeing. And did I mention I'm EXCITED???

My sister is 15 years older than me, but I would consider us rather close anyway.It's not like we ever really shared any life experiences together. Our relationship has been broader than that. I look up to her. What I mean is, even though they haven't been congruent, we have shared in each others' experiences. We've been present and interested in each other's life. And that's what makes it good.

And now that Lucy's in the picture, we have one huge thing in common. I talk about whatever stage we're currently dealing with here and Brenda know exactly where I am and what I'm feeling. She can acknowledge the hard parts and find humor in it and make me believe that it's a transitory thing instead of how it normally feels - like it's going to be this way For Ev-Er.

She's a rock-star mom and a kick-ass sister. And she's coming to visit me today! La ti ti dah!

Oh, is it Friday Photo time? I almost completely forgot. Here you go (grandmas!): At The Park Edition

Hooray!

Big kid slide!

Round and round!

video
Can you believe she's able to do this on her own?
Bubba is there for back-sliding emergencies only.
My little chimpanzee!

5 comments:

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

I love this sisterly love post!!
Have a great weekend!
XOXOXXO

Manda said...

Dude it's HILARIOUS that she can get up that slide! Maggie told me "Lucy's a ... well ... LITTLE MONSTER!" Hee!! So glad she's sleeping.
p.s. SOON WE MEET! YEAHHHHH!!!

Carrie said...

Oh, hurray for sleep!

Have a great time with your big sister!

Kate P said...

Yay, your sister is visiting!

I can hardly believe Lu is interested in the actual playground equipment. My nephew and my friend's son, who are both almost 18 months old, are totally hung up on the different textures to WALK on (grass, asphalt, chips, etc.). You show 'em, Lu!

archerychic22 said...

Oh I love your sisterly love post. I am 15 years older than my sister. I hope we are as close as you and your sister as she grows up.
While it seems silly to most everyone, one of my best friends is still in grade school.