Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'd Be Convinced if She'd Bleat

You'd think she was malnourished. You'd think I never gave her a thing to eat, that she was so starving that she had to resort to eating handfuls of whatever she can get her hands on.

Her eyes look up at you like she's saying "I'm hungry. My mom doesn't feed me."

The girl is no stranger to food. For breakfast she had an entire scrambled egg, an entire banana, and and entire slice of buttered toast. And then she had snacks too. But this hasn't stopped her from munching on playground sand! Oh no. She savors it like she would a fine cheese.

And the weeds in my yard.

And the rock I saw her swallow before I could get to her at the beach.

Did I actually give birth to a goat?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

SHE MUST TAKE AFTER HER DAD,HE ATE JACKS!! LOVE THE UPDATES AND YOUR NEW STYLE.
LOVE GRANDMA M

Morgan S. said...

Seriously, I so agree. Hadley cannot get enough of slurping on rocks and landscaping bark chips. Are we missing something? Are those things actually tasty?

Lisa said...

Oh yes, I remember that stage. When they understand your command to stop eating the sand but just can't resist trying it anyway. Have fun with that.