Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grey Tuesday

We woke up to a nice soft rain this morning. Don't tell anyone, but I think it's kind of nice. I really like the summer weather and I like being hot and playing in the sprinkler and whatnot, but I'm so used to a mixture of rain and sun from my Midwestern roots that something different is welcome.

The rain does mean a certain measure of laziness, though. I'm still in my pajamas and thinking that maybe we'll go to the library later or call a friend to see what she's doing to wear the kids out today. But really, all I can think of is curling up with my coffee in the corner of the couch by the windows and reading books while I listen to the splashes of the cars going by. If only Lucy were so self-sufficient.

I cancelled the pediatrician visit for this afternoon. When I called to confirm the appointment, the receptionist admitted that it was made with the wrong doctor. Which isn't the end of the world. There's nothing wrong with Lu. It wouldn't have been a big deal to see another doctor for her well-baby visit. But I guess I prefer seeing OUR doctor. Besides the fact that I love her and we have some history, I would just rather not see someone I don't know at all. Maybe that's kind of silly, but I think it's worth waiting another week.

I should write a long informative post about all of Lucy's new skills, all her new words and how much fun we are having with her development. BUT, see above: laziness. My coffee is freshly brewed with just a tiny bit of heavy whipping cream in it, my book is laying on a cushion that is dangerously close to a fuzzy throw blanket in the little corner nest of the chaise part of the couch.

And it looks like that's where I'll be for the next half hour or so if you need me.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Enjoy the quiet morning! I was just telling my dentist how much I loved the weather today. He thought I was nuts. What can I say, 5th generation NWesterner. This is the weather that I am made for :)

Annie said...

I LOVE rainy days during the summer. They're few and far between down here and I always feel like they give you an excuse to stay in, be lazy and cozy, and not feel like you have to be out enjoying the weather...or at least not feel guilty for staying in and doing chores and laundry.