Such a character!
Guess who's 11 months old today? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? In less than four weeks I'll have a one year old. Holy moly - let's not get ahead of ourselves, my head almost exploded.
Oh! The angel baby! Sitting so NICE!
I almost didn't notice the date, so (grandmas) you sure are lucky that I decided that I should probably sit and write down some Lucy updates lest I forget. And today happens to be the perfect day for it!
Lucy's ever widening vocabulary now includes:
(in order of importance with dialectical pronunciations in parentheses)
- bath (dat-th)
- more (mo!mo!mo!) (as pertains to food)
- walk (wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, as we hold her hands so that she can walk)
- NONONONO (usually as she does something I tell her not to)
- water (wa-ttt)
- circle (euh-ckl)
- oops (ooop)
- moo, moo
- quack (mack, mack, mack: in Lucy's world, birds say this as well as ducks)
- Ruff, ruff (muh, muff)
Signs she's added to her repetoire:
- change (diaper)
Favorite foods (the girl still only has two bottom teeth, but this doesn't seem to stop her...):
- buttered toast
- anything outside where she might see trucks or busses
- the pool
- her sandbox
- reading books
- knocking on doors
Other things she has learned this month
- how to make tears come while fake crying
- how to bear walk so that her delicate knees don't touch the scratchy grass
- how to pull all the books off the shelves in the living room
- how her legs work to climb up on things
And let's go ahead and be honest here. This is what all the rest of those bear pictures looked like: