Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy, Busy!

I’m pretty occupied this week, so won’t be posting too much.  Or maybe not at all besides this.  We’ll see how things go.

 

But I just had to tell you guys - Lucy is amazing.  She has grown up so much just in the last week. She surprises me every day.

 

Last week she started crawling/scooting.  She still hasn’t quite mastered the two knees down thing, but she’s getting better at it, and I can’t take my eyes off of her before she’s into something else at the other side of the room. 

 

She uses words to mean concepts.  She said cockadoodledoo pointing at the rooster in her book.  She still uses go! to mean anything that moves.  Daddy’s bike is Go.  The cement trucks roaring by are Go.  Her toy tractor is Go.  But it doesn’t end there.  She said owl yesterday (referring to a picture book).  She also said yes after I was teasing her about saying “nonononono” – I said “You must say YES to your Mama! Yes!  Yes!  Yes!”  And she looked at me and said “Yes!” and laughed like it was some sort of joke.

 

Yesterday I held her standing and she took a step.  And then another.  Wobbly little starter steps.  She just realized when she woke up that those things that wear cute tiny shoes actually belong to her and are useful for something other than sucking on.

 

And OhMyGoodness!  Her attitude has adequately reflected all of the confidence that has come with finding new talents.  She thinks she’s HILARIOUS.  Which, in fact, I find to be hilarious.

At the park:


Digging in the sandbox


Pulling up on my leg


Swinging!

I had a little hitch in my pride for OHNO! My baby’s getting SO BIG!  But then the pride won out and I just have to love who this little person is becoming.  She’s just so SWEET.

 

Just had to let you know.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

:) She is growing up so fast, but is such a doll still!

-R- said...

So cool! I love reading about babies that are just a bit older than my son, and Lucy is just so cute and so smart!

KAO kid said...

I love her! I love her! I love her! Oh, and I of course (always) love you!

Ann K. said...

Yea! Crawling at last! I mean, oh no! Crawling at last! No rest for you now, my dear! Seriously, though, I can't believe that she's growing up so quickly. You and Adam surely have a prodigy on your hands. :)

Kate P said...

I love it when they realize they can crack themselves up. Lucy must be giving new meaning to the expression "stand-up."