Monday, May 18, 2009

Hotness Review As Thirty Quickly Approaches

Hey! Guess what?  I only have two more days to be Hot By Thirty.   Ummmm......  Not really close to hot. Closer, I'll give you that (because I know you're going to comment and say something and make me admit it).  But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose ten pounds in the next two days. 

And really?  If we're talking Hawt, I would need more than just dropping 10 pounds to be going on around here.  Maybe some help from Tim Gunn, Ken Paves, and perhaps some creative painting from Bobbi Brown?  That might get me somewhere.  Oh, alright.  Throw in a tummy tuck and boob job...

The weight isn't necessarily a Thing anymore.  I don't really feel so bad telling you (all of you! EEEP!) that I weigh 160 pounds.  Ok, now that I did that, I feel a little bad.  But whatever, it is what it is, right?  But the THING is that this 160 looks COMPLETELY different from a pre-pregnancy 160 - this weight wasn't unheard of in skinnier times.  But I still can't wear anything I used to.  My legs are skinnier and my belly is fatter.  I still have back boobs.   And muffin top no matter what pants I wear because my fat starts very suddenly a little below my belly button and ends just as suddenly a little above my belly button.  I NOW KNOW WHAT A SPARE TIRE REFERS TO!!!

Hopefully the partial weaning will cut out some of the OMG Nursing Hunger.  That'll help things a little bit.  I swear I could eat Lucy's blended veggies and chicken for how hungry both nursing and running makes me.  And maybe the weaning will also take care of the back boob issue (maybe? please?).

I'd mostly like to finish  losing the rest of that weight so that my knees have an easier time when I run.  And to fit into some (ANY!) of my summer clothes.  And I'm really curious to see if, WHEN I weigh 150 again (145?  Will I ever see you again?) whether my body will still be this weird different shape that it has taken.  

So, now I need a new Hot By Thirty.  Maybe Slimmer by Summer.  Or Fabulous by Fall.  I'm not giving up just because the Thirty part is coming (WAY) too early, people.  

10 comments:

Isabel said...

Damn the muffin top. I think we all get one as soon as we give birth. It isn't fair.

Also, GREETING to a fellow Seattle blogger!

Kate P said...

Don't forget that hotness is also a mental attitude, Lizzie! (Speaking as an over-30 hottie, hee hee.)

As for the other goals--good for you. That's what will get you where you want to be. I am still in awe of anyone who can run. . .

KAO kid said...

Dear Liz,

I love you soooo much!

Love,
Kim

Emily said...

145 is my goal too!!! I've got about 8 pounds to go. Running a half-marathon in the fall is what I hope will help me drop it... I was there before I had Lucy so I'm hoping to get back.

Happy birthday a couple days early! 30 was good to me, here's hoping it is to you too!

-R- said...

Shoot, this reminds me that I only have about 6 weeks until I turn 30! And I have 20-30 pounds of baby weight left to lose.

Happy early birthday!

maggie said...

Hey dude, I didn't have massive nursing hunger, but it was crazy hard to lose my last 10 Jack pounds until I stopped nursing. And after that: EASY. Well, relatively easy, you know, weight loss is not fun or anything. Molly was a different story, but my body was holding on to those last 10 Jack pounds for dear life. So maybe that will help.

Carrie said...

I can't believe your birthday is almost here!!! Hurray for your birthday!

i got so frustrated with my baby weight from my first that i just went ahead and got pregnant with the second. Since I was fat anyway :) I don't necessarily recommend that approach (disclaimer, there were MANY other reasons why I wanted another baby, not just the excuse for fatness).

Lisa said...

Oohh! Happy Birthday! We'll celebrate by eating some cake for you. OK?

Mary said...

Happy early birthday! I'll be working on my own Hot by Thirty, post-baby weight-loss before too long. While running is awesome, I found that my body never changed so much or so quickly as when I did yoga and pilates. I seriously used to run 15 miles a week and STILL couldn't lose those last 10-15 pounds to hit my goal. But a few months of yopilates and I was thinner than ever. Just a suggestion. That's how I'm hoping to lose my baby weight. That and A LOT of prayer.

Morgan S. said...

The new levels of belly flab are the WORST!!! And I totally hear you on the skinnier legs, yet flabbier belly. Do you have the same pants problem I have? The one where I have gone down a pant size overall and yet my pants still need to be large enough on top as to not cut off circulation to the muffin top and then the pants spend the rest of the day requiring hiking up OVER the muffin top every four minutes? IS THIS WHY PEOPLE RESORT TO THE MOM-JEAN?!

Anyhooooo, I really enjoy reading your blog and Happy Birthday!