Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pressure

I was laying in bed deciding whether to get up or not and I heard the Lord’s name being taken in vain, and maybe a few other creative swears mixed in there. My stomach turned icy. I totally hate it when my Bubba is angry, and he’s not one to drop the f-bomb very liberally (unlike some people I may resemble). So I got up to help him, only I found that the huge world-stopping problem is that he can’t find where he put his wallet last night. I told him to say a prayer to St. Anthony, take my debit card if he needed it and go to work.

So then when I got up for the day (the Bubba left for work by 6, like I’m going to get up for the day then when my kid’s still asleep!), I tore the house apart looking in drawers and closets and under things like the bed and the scary under-couch before I called him with the bad news that I couldn’t find the darn thing.

Oh! But HE had found it. Very shortly after he left home. In his bag. He just forgot to call and tell me so that I didn’t waste hours of my morning looking through and under things.

Now, I would be very frustrated that the morning routine was non-exsistant. But I shouldn’t judge. He’s been under a lot of pressure lately because his Big Important Deadline is Friday. I guess his fit this morning is the equivalent of me trying on everything in my closet an hour before we’re supposed to be at a party and then collapsing on the bed in tears because I’m too fat and I don’t have any clothes.

To each his or her own meltdown process.

5 comments:

-R- said...

I love the last sentence.

H is quick to anger, and he yells, but he gets over things quickly.

I am slow to anger, but I simmer for a long time and then cry.

Lindzi said...

St. Anthony rocks.

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

Clete "lost" his wallet when he was visiting us here last week too!
The whole family was looking EVERYWHERE and it ended up being in his bag too!

Manda said...

I do that all the time with my keys/cell phone (my wallet is too big to be "misplaced" ... it just lives in the diaper bag now).

And I had a meltdown of epic proportions this morning after stubbing my already-broken toe. My kid heard every cuss in the book. With any luck her first word will be (FILL IN THE BLANK WITH EXPLETIVE OF YOUR CHOICE). sigh.

Lindsay said...

Turns out I have meltdowns like both you AND the bubba. Thank God he found it.