Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quick Update

I am back from getting my mouth molested by the dentist.  Oh My Goodness, I am so miserable.  Don't judge, but I am still crying.  It was basically my worst case scenario.  I almost wish they would have just taken the tooth out and given me a bridge or something.  Dentures.  Whatever.  Either way I'm pretty sure I'm never going to eat anything ever again.  

Drama, much?  Sorry.

And evidently Lucy woke up from her "nap" 5 minutes after I left and fruck out screaming until I got home TWO HOURS LATER.  She is joining the mouth drama and is cutting a couple of teeth of her own.  

Right now she's perfectly happy playing with her wooden blocks and picking at the carpet.  And thank God, because I really don't have a lot left here.  I just have to keep it together for another half hour or so until nap time when I can crawl in myself and slip into a coma for a while to get over myself.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry it was so awful!

Love the word "fruck out". Fabulous!

Feel better soon!

Manda said...

Sounds like time for leftover Percoset/Vicodin/Codeine/whatever they gave you when you checked out of the hospital!!!!!
Sorry for your pain, Lizzie. :)

Manda said...

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FROWNIE FACE!!!

Like so: :(

oops

Kanuck said...

Ouch, that sucks.
I never had dentist anxiety, and usually had good teeth (or so I thought). I went to a new dentist a few months back (many years after moving and realizing it just wasn't convenient to see one in a city 5 hours away when visiting mom) and was told I had many, many of those 'early decay'/cavities between teeth that my previous dentist had obviously never bothered to mention. So, 3 appointments for fillings. Yeah.
First one was fine. Second one? Well, lets just say the freezing didn't actually freeze. I could feel the whole thing - drilling, picking, filing (the filing was the worst), etc. Somewhere around tooth #4 things finally started to get numb, but up until then I was lying there gagged and crying and trying not to panic at the thought of a raw never being hit (which didn't happen, thank goodness). Am really, really not looking forward to #3 now.