Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sleep Update

So sleepy.  But that's not the worst part.  The worst part is being sleepy and generally ugh while trying to entertain a SUPER crabby tired baby.

I decided that I was being a wuss by wrapping her with just one arm out, and that it would be better for everyone if I just ripped off the band aid real quick-like for a very brief amount of discomfort instead of drawing it out for a week (weeks?) of misery.

The night sleeping has already gotten better.  The first night was really bad, the second night was kinda bad, last night was bad, and I'm hoping that tonight will be ok.  

With Lucy the issue isn't falling asleep.  In fact, the first night I had steeled myself for something so much worse that I kept feeling like I was forgetting to do something.  She'll fall asleep within minutes of being tucked into her crib with her little lovey.  The problem is that her moving arms surprise her and wake her up a bazillion times each night.  And did I mention that she decided that 5:50 is her new wake up time?!  Wheee!

Do I even need to describe to you how way too early that is for me?  7 is a hardship, ok?  And now the beautiful, wonderful, lovely nap schedule that I worked so hard at is no longer.  Now she's so tired from the bazillion wake-ups and early rising that she can't stay awake more than an hour or so in the morning, and then takes three very unpredictable naps these days.

I think I've gained a stone in stress eating.

It will get better.  It will get better.  It will get better.

Good thing she's cute.








3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Darn cute! And it will get better. Hang in there.

Beanie said...

Hi! Delurking here...love the blog, love hearing about Lucy.

If you look at where today's photo of Lucy is located, it's perfectly aligned with your profile picture.

And it's amazing how much you guys resemble each other!

amber theiss said...

It will get better Liz! I promise! Hugs to you and Lu! (and Adam too) :-)