Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's the Little Things

Today has been an Extraordinarily Good day.  Even though Lucy woke up at 6:30.  

It turned out to be awesome because she was tired by 8:30 and slept until 10:40.  Just in time for a diaper change and some quick second breakfasts to get to the toddler room at a community center to meet Maggie and Carrie and their babies for some play time.

Lucy sat and watched everything very contently.  She's a good watcher.  She stares in wonder at the big kids bouncing balls and eating plastic food.  

On my way out I bought a delicious latte with the money I found in the Bubba's pants that he thew in the wash pile (SCORE!) and took Lucy for her first ride on the swings at the park.  Curses that I didn't have my camera with - well, actually it was in the car, so, ok, curses that I'm so lazy - because it was hilarious.  She thought it was laugh-out-loud worthy.  That in itself would have made my day.  Latte and fun moms to play with aside.

And THEN?  Lucy didn't even fall asleep in the car on the way home, and went right to bed without a peep.

And THEN?  I made myself the perfect fried egg for lunch.  With bacon.  And the whites were all cooked and the yolk was just a little runny.  It was perfection.

And now I will use the rest of nap time to look through my new library books.

It doesn't get much better than this in my world, folks.  (contented sigh)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That is TOTALLY a good day! Mostly the part about hanging out with me, of course :) Hope the rest of your afternoon is just as wonderful as the first part of your day!

Kate P said...

YES to play dates, compliant babies, found money for coffee, and fried eggs.

I'd almost think it was Sunday.

maggie said...

I eat two eggs like that every morning. MMMMMM.

Also: they napped! Score!

Elizabeth said...

Love days like that!