Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Get Me Through Today

Hey.  It's been a while.  I know.  I've just been trying to stay alive.

I've consumed maybe 700 total calories since Sunday afternoon at 3:00 maybe half of which has actually made it past my stomach into the rest of my digestive tract.  The Killer Flu - a little souvenir from Wisconsin.  

Thanks guys.

I told my Bubba that if I don't feel better by today that I would really just rather die.  And then I'd like to be cremated and stay in the closet.  And his new wife can hang her clothes next to my urn.

I'm alone with the girl today because there's no way the Bubba could take more work off (did I tell you about the layoffs going around??).  We'll just go ahead and see how that plays out.

Send some good thoughts my way, friends.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Hope you feel better soon. I had the stomach flu last week and was begging Daniel to just shoot me. Not fun. Hope Lucy stays well and that things are okay with Bubba's job.

amber said...

I'm so sorry Lizzie! Hope you are feeling better SOON! Love you guys!

Manda said...

Sick? And ALONE? WITH A BABY? Holy wow that is the perfect storm of suck. I hope that Lu takes LOOOONG naps today. In fact, I will pray for that. Just be a good girl and nap when she naps. Sorry dude! Hope you feel better soon!

Mary said...

I hope you feel better, Liz, and that the baby takes it easy on you today. Good luck and take care.

maggie said...

Ugh. I wish I could come get you and put you to bed upstairs and take care of Lucy. I'd say "go to your house and take care of you THERE" but that would mean the monster who replaced my darling boy would be tearing up your house and keeping you up with all the WHINING.

I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I hope all is ok at work.

KAO kid said...

I am also dealing with this flu right now...is it possible that it is sweeping the nation, much like obama-rama? I have to say, the flu is far less fun or inspiring!

Feel better soon!

Kate P said...

I think my comment got eaten.

Hope you are on the mend (and oh no! to the layoffs).