Monday, November 24, 2008

Can't Trust That Day

Monday.  Sigh.

Why is it so hard to stay on track during the weekend?  I'm so good all week and then the weekend comes, and I act like I'm still pregnant eating everything in sight.  This week I'm only down half a pound.  I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the bite of doughnut the Bubba gave me after church on Sunday.  Oh, and the 80 brownies I ate at my Sunday afternoon meeting.  and perhaps the roast and potatoes and gravy and biscuits for Sunday dinner.  Sigh.  At least we're still heading in the right direction.  Chances are I'm not going to be the hottest babe at the Bubba's company Christmas party, but I can handle that, I suppose...

Ok, back to Lucy.  Have I mentioned that she's awesome?  I just really like her.  She's great.  And it's a good thing too, because man, I do a lot for this little child.  We spent the last part of last week getting over that booster she had to have.  She had a fever and didn't feel well.  I gave up my ticket to the UW basketball game Thursday night.  Yeah, and Thursday and Friday, I pretty much never got out of the rocking chair because Herself just wanted to rock and be held and nothing else.  

One night we put on some new jammies that say "La nuit je dors avec tous mes amis" and it's all fuzzy and has little animal faces on the arms and feet.  But I looked at her and realized that the outfit's kind of psychedelic - so I found a headband and she looks like she stepped out of an '80s workout video!  


It's not my fault.

She fell asleep in the car at one point, and when I looked at her, she was fast asleep but was holding her arm up in a "seig heil" pose.  Weird.



And I also have some finished knitting projects to show off, but that will have to wait until tomorrow because I hear the princess calling from her chambers.  And that means it's time to muster the energy to get to the grocery store for Thanksgiving fare.  I was avoiding the market this weekend knowing full well that it would be heinous.  I hope Monday afternoon will be a little slower and I can just get my couple little things and get out without too much ado.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Okay, that's so funny that she fell asleep like that. Just wait, even stranger sleep positions are to come though. Daniel and I are always making each other go into Ethan's room to see his newest strange way of sleeping.

She is a cutie in that 80s-inspired outfit!

Ann said...

I think Lucy's pose has more of a Black Power circa the 1968 Olympic games feel, myself!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie I had to run around the faculty office area to find a fellow faculty member who knew enough French to tell me whattthat single sentence meant. It was cute!! little Lucy was psychedelic in that outfit. Now I am really dating myself...dad theiss