Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lucy Is A Rock Star

Lucy had her 2 month check up with the pediatrician today.  Everything's looking good! 

She is 24 1/2 inches long - which is more than the 95th percentile.  And the doctor caught me calling Lucy "my fat little friend" which is one of my favorite pet names for her.  The doctor made sure to point out that she is very weight/height proportionate.  She's only 90th percentile for weight, so she's a tall skinny thing (except for her face and chins, of course).  I was joking with the Dr. that she has grown out of all her 3 month clothes, she's now wearing the 3-6 month clothes, except that I have to pin the pants in at the waist so they don't fall off of her.  I wonder which side those genes came from?

Hopefully I'll remember to stop calling her my "fat little friend" and my "porky baby" before she will need counseling for it...

Lucy also had some vaccines today.  But these shots?  SO not a big deal.  Lucy and I are totally over needles.  She cried for like 2 seconds and then we just got on with life.  We were both all, What? It's not a spinal tap?  Pshaw.  That's nothin'.

And since Lu is two months old today:


3 comments:

Carrie said...

hurray for a good checkup! she's still totally adorable!

My dad called me chunkin when I was growing up. I didn't even realize that it was a little offensive until I was like 25 :) We call Ethan "Diaper Butt". We have to stop doing that soon, I fear that "butt" will be his first word.

Elizabeth said...

So cute! She looks a lot taller than two months. Olivia was always in the 95th-ish percentile in height but around 50-ish percentile in weight, so she always had that problem with waistbands on pants too. Pants are either too short or the correct length and too big around the waist.

Kate P said...

Soooo cute. Way to go on acing the check-up, Lucy!