Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sleeping Alone

So, I have come to an interesting conclusion about Lucy and sleep.  She seems to sleep much better at night in her crib in her room.  Coincidentally, so do the Bubba and I.  I don't wake up with every grunt or sigh or hiccup coming from Lucy's general direction, and she seems to conk out for longer when she's alone.  

On a side note, I have a baby in my dreams now.  Isn't it funny how ones brain catches up?  So far, I haven't seen Lucy in my dreams, but I have to think about the baby.  

Anway, this morning I brought her to bed with me thinking that I'd nurse her for second breakfasts, and then we could sleep together for a little longer (doing the floor yesterday evening WORE ME OUT - but the kitchen looks awesome!).  Well, she nursed and burped and fell asleep, but kept fussing every so often.  So finally I got out of bed to get a drink of water, and now she's fast asleep and I haven't heard a peep from her in a half hour.  That's a far cry from the I-never-want-to-be-alone syndrome of last week.  But this new development is fine with me!

The only thing I've had trouble learning with her being in a different room at night is that she will cry if she needs me.  I find myself lying awake straining to hear the littlest noise from the monitor.  I have to remind myself that babies cry when they need something and that I should just go to sleep already!  Plus it's kinda hard to hear anything on the monitor over my bed buddy's snoring.  Obviously he doesn't have any issues with it... 

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think this is definitely a step in the right direction! Hopefully you'll get used to waiting for her to cry soon and learn to fall asleep easily.