Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall

It's the first day of fall and we're feeling it in the Pacific Northwest.  It's been cool and rainy for the past couple of days, and I'm remembering how hard the winters here are on me.  This is the time when I start thinking about investing in a SAD light, and then hem and haw and think and analyze and finally talk myself out of it in the early spring when the sun comes back.  This pattern has repeated itself for the last three years.  Maybe this is the year...

I wonder how Lucy will do since she's from Seattle.  Maybe she'll just be used to it and love the rain.  It's weird to think that our daughter is from somewhere other than the Midwest.

On a brighter note, it's chilly enough and Lucy's big enough to wear some of the things I've been knitting for her!!  Such as this little vest:


I could munch on the cuteness of her.  The bad thing, though, is that this makes me want to spend all my time making more cute things for her, and I just don't have the time!  Naptimes are sacred for getting housework done and things such as showering (hm, maybe I could give up showering...).

And now I must return to housework!  The laundry calls.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So glad that it seems that life is getting back to normal for you! Lucy is just too cute!!