Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Daddy's home

We tried an experiment last night with one bottle.  I have to say that I agree with Maggie that pumping mostly sucks (haha, no pun intended).  But the sleep was pretty nice.  The Bubba did the midnight feeding, and I didn't have to get up until the 2:00 one.  It was so nice to get 5 hours of consecutive z's and not have to worry!  I think we might make this a habit... or at least try it a couple more times to make sure.

The Bubba is home for the rest of the week.  Since my mom was here last week, and since he left work so unexpectedly for the hospital, he went in to work three days last week to put things in order and solidify out-of-office plans.  So that means I get him at home for three whole days this week!!  It's so nice.

We had to go to the Ballard hospital for a follow-up PKU screening blood draw for Lucy.  Hate.  I can't stand them poking my baby and making her cry.  So the Bubba went with us and you know what?  Lucy didn't cry one little bit, and her daddy comforted her and lovey-ed her all the way through.  I bet if it were just me, she'd have screamed her little head off and i'd have left in tears too.  Thank goodness for daddies.

And now I am going to go make cookies (like I need them...) but I leave you with:

You can't even tell they're related, can you!

3 comments:

Kate P said...

You got some sleep, yay!

That's great that Bubba can be home! There's just something about dads and daughters--my niece is totally daddy's girl with my brother.

Elizabeth said...

There's just something about Daddy...Olivia is crazy about hers too. He can get her to settle down in weird situations where I'm just beside myself. And she lights up when he comes home from work. I feel sorry for all those babies in the world who don't have daddies.

Jess said...

That photo is so cute!