Thursday, August 28, 2008

Too tired to be creative

For the first time since I started this blog, I am just too knackered to try to come up with a topic to write about.  It's been a tiring couple of days with a baby that is convinced she's about 4 years old and doesn't have to sleep during the day.  

So here's what's in my head:

I showered today.  That's exciting.  And Lucy got a bath too (a last ditch effort to try to relax her and get her to sleep).  So we're all so fresh and so clean, clean.

My sweet Bubba is home today and is currently making us lunch while Lucy (finally OMG, finally) naps all by herself in her bassinet.  It sure is nice to have help and company during the day.

I learned from the History channel this morning while I was confined to the rocking chair that FDR died in office.  I didn't realize that.

I got the birth announcements addressed and stuffed and now I need to figure out how to go to the post office to get stamps.

It's amazing how much laundry a tiny little human can generate.

The Democratic National Convention is little more than a glorified high school pep rally.  I was never really interested enough to watch it before.

I'm wondering what's going on in Manda's world right now, and whether her little one has come yet.  I can't wait!

Did I mention yet how nice it is to have an extra set of hands around these days?


And that's the extent of my deep thoughts.

2 comments:

Jess said...

If you order stamps online, shipping is only a dollar and they usually get there in a couple days. I'd say it's worth it.

Kate P said...

That's O.K., I did something really crazy today to make up for it. :)