Monday, August 4, 2008

Post Countdown Count-up.

We've gone from ___ days to go!  to 1 day over...  2 days over...  3 days over....

It really doesn't look like that much.  Except that eh mah gah it seems like weeks have gone by since Friday.  The Bubba and I didn't talk too much last night.  I think we were both pretty disappointed that we don't have a baby yet.  I had a good cry.  It's hard when you expect something for so long to just change your mind.  I know very well that this is my stubborn little girl who is going to come when it's the least convenient for me for her first willful act as my daughter.  I just have to let go.  Sigh.

Being overdue now, it really seems like we're running against the clock.  Saturday we said "Let's stay in bed and hang out and read books this morning even though we're both awake!"  And we did, and relished it.  Yesterday we said, "One last time!  Let's meet friends at the spur of the moment for lunch at a restaurant!"  And we did.  It seems like we're stealing time together now from some secret source that makes us giggle and really appreciate it.  So at least we have that going for us!

And I've still been a knitting fiend.  I've been trying to whittle down my stash (yeah right!) before Tad comes because it's gotten kind of unruly, and besides, I have so many nice yarns for nice baby things.  But as my mom put it "How many sweaters does the baby have now?"  The answer is quite a few.  But I was kinda smart!  I mean, I made them in all different sizes so she's set for sweaters until she's, like, two.  Here's the latest:

You can't see the lace pattern in the sweater, but it turned out so cute even with the variegated yarn.  I wish I had the patience to make one my own size.  Love this one.

And I leave you with your moment of Zen (a la Colbert):
 
3 days over: I'll give you two guesses where I'm hiding the baby.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Okay, it practically hurt to look at that picture- no wonder you're miserable. Sending birth vibes your way!!!

Manda said...

MAAAAH! This is maddening!! I think it's time to bust out the big guns: chili dogs and looong walks. Someone told me that if you're not comfortable, the baby's not comfortable either, which might inspire her to vacate the building?? That's my plan for next week. I'm DYING.

Two Sick Peas In A Pod said...

O..OOO...OOOOOO, I know. The baby is behind the tree in the corner.

Jess said...

Two guesses is two too many! Being overdue seems to make you generous.

Kate P said...

(make sure you read this to Tad) Come on, Tad--let's get this show on the road! Mom's running out of things to clean!

-R- said...

I love the sweater.

Good luck! I hope the baby comes soon!