Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Need Ice Cream

Do you remember that True North commercial?  The one about the incredible nut snack?  Well, just to update you, they changed the commercial.  I was flipping between Cash Cab and the evening news as I am wont to do on a weeknight as I unwind knitting in front of the tube, and the commercial came on.  Of course I stopped what I was doing to have another little immature giggle.  Not so giggle-worthy anymore!  The first part is the same .... build up ... build up ... AND THEN, "all of these things come together and make an EXTRAORDINARY (...) SNACK!"

Really.  I mean, the music doesn't even line up.  You can hear the empty space where they took out the word nut!  I wonder how that kind of thing works?  Did they figure out that moms were covering their children's ears?  Did some old people get offended?  Did they realize that they were the butt of immature jokes all over the internet and in countless houses around the country?  Anyway, I am mildly disappointed.

I have a list of things to accomplish today.  Like Frog and Toad - my list starts with Wake Up. Followed by Get Out of Bed.  Check...and...check!  I'm doing really well so far.  I figure I need all the sense of accomplishment I can get today.  But then things crept onto the list that involve doing stuff like laundry.  Ok, not so bad - it's all sorted and I even started it.  Walk To the Library is on there.  That'll be a good 40 minute activity for after Eat Lunch gets crossed off.  I have some DVDs waiting for me for that I requested.  Ah, blessed entertainment.  Then I will sit and knit and watch mindless entertainment and pray that God will grant me a coma to slip into until this child is born.  I should add Slip Into Coma to my list.  

Also on my list is Mop Kitchen Floor.

I'd like to talk about my kitchen floor for a moment.  It's super gross.  It's the only part of the house that we live in where I really feel like I'm living in someone else's filth.  You know the feeling?  When you rent a place and there's just something about it that can never be clean enough for you?  That's my kitchen floor.  I could mop it once a week on hands and knees with my scrub brush and straight bleach I think my socks would still be dirty after walking through there.  It's really very frustrating.  Well, today I am SICK of it.  I will attempt to scrub the floor on my hands and knees.  Wish me luck - I'll let you know if it actually gets crossed off...

I think I will also add Eat Copious Amounts of Ice Cream to my list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the rental thing. The words "new carpeting" were music to my ears when I found this place.
You seem like you really have it together right now! Very impressive.
Lindsay

Kate P said...

Don't laugh, but my mom's best friend had her first son after scrubbing the kitchen floor. . .