Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dirty thoughts

Last night I saw a commercial for the True North company.  It is a description of their new trail-mix type munch without the fruits.  It goes something like:

We put walnuts and peanuts and almonds and a little sweetness and the result is this amazing nut snack!

Am I the only one rolling on the floor laughing?  What an unfortunate choice of words!  Did no one listen to this before airing it?  Or did they, too, think it was too funny an innuendo to pass up? 

So then, of course, like the 3rd graders we are mentally, Bubba and I started talking about how to spread the "nut snack" love - that sweet and salty nut snack goodness.  And (very important) where it's appropriate to get the nut snack out, and where it might not be appreciated.  We went on for far too long, I assure you.

To add to the dirtiness in my mind, my String of Hearts plant bloomed.  Have you ever seen its flower?


String of what now?

I apologize for the dirtiness.  I'll go to confession this week.

2 comments:

emily said...

Yes! Yes! I just wrote about this too! And I was directed here because I heard YOU wrote about it!

Say it with me: It is okay to have a third-grade mentality. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Nut snack. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Emily
captainhambone.typepad.com

Manda said...

Ha ha I was just going to tell you that Emily posted almost exactly the same thing today!! Ha ha!! Pregnant minds think alike!!

p.s. OH MY GOSH WE ARE HAVING BABIES IN A MATTER OF WEEKS.