Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When I'm Single Again

I have already warned the Bubba that as soon as I am no longer plural, I am going to splurge. Well, after I loose some of this excess weight that I've been accumulating along with baby.  I am going to buy a brand new pair of awesome jeans that look great on my ass.  I don't care if they cost $200.  They will be mine.  And a cute dress that I can wear every day.  Something light and feminine that makes me feel cute.

Maternity clothes just aren't made to make you look good.  Or maybe they are, except by the time you're seven and a half months pregnant there just isn't really anything in the world that's going to make you FEEL like you look good.

And here I am.  I am sick of all the clothes that fit me (four shirts, one pair of jeans, one pair of khakis, one pair of shorts, two hideous dresses), and I just want to feel cute again!

Last night I went to see Sex and the City with some girlfriends.  I had my outfit planned out in my mind.  In any other circumstance, I would have worn my skin-tight jeans, silk tank, stilettos, huge earrings, and more than average makeup.  Come on, it's Sex and the City.  It requires some extent of glamour. The best I could do is a huge cotton tunic and some leggings.  Sigh.

You know, I think nature works just right.  Because by this time, I'm so sick of being pregnant that I'm begging for just about anything else.  I get to be RELIEVED when it's time for delivery and dealing with a newborn.  Bring it! 

As long as I can fit in some soft yummy buttery jeans.  

No comments: