Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy birthday to me...

So, after having forgotten about my birthday coming up, and after having gone through the existential 'what does it all mean' yesterday, I geared myself up for a great day today.  I must say that it is a bit of an anti-climax.  I mean, there are dishes to be done, errands to run, and work stuff to work on.  What's that about?  Doesn't the universe know it's a holiday?

Oh, and by the way, the Baskin Robbins bump day?  It isn't even valid in the great state of Washington.  Thwarted.  Those bump day bastards.

My sweet Bubba did, however give me a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage at a schmancy salon in Ballard, so there's that to look forward to.  I figure I'll use it AFTER having flown to Wisconsin to sit through a baby shower with his and my families.  Heh heh.  Gold.

In baby news, Tad woke me up at 6 this morning rocking and rolling as she is wont to do lately. How active is too active for a fetus?  She's been going strong for 2 hours now - no joke.  I was worried that maybe I'm dehydrated so I had water and juice and a smoothie for breakfast... Now maybe she's rocking out from the fruit in the smoothie?  Hmmm.  

I kind of wish she'd settle down so that I can take a morning birthday nap and forget about the work and the errands until later....  That'd be nice.


6 comments:

Nessa said...

Happy Birthday Liz! I hope today is a wonderful day for you. Birthdays are really important to me, it's the ONE day a year it should be all about you(except for some certain baby days, but you know what I mean).

Thanks for the prayers, we can use all we can get!

Manda said...

Happy Birthday!! Last b-day without anyone stealing the show for a while! :)

p.s. You have mad knitting skills. I am so impressed!

Carrie said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day!

And yeah, the fruit juice probably is to blame. Sugar rush!

Kate P said...

Happy Birthday!!! You and my younger sister both turned 29 this month. I feel old!

A birthday nap sounds like an excellent idea--that should be a tradition or something.

Jess said...

Happy birthday! It is always a bit of a disappointment to realize that birthdays do not mean that the world stops spinning. But I hope you have a great day anyway.

rebecca said...

dang, happy birthday!!!!

Sorry it's belated. When can I take you out for a celebratory ginger ale? :)