Friday, May 30, 2008

20 pound Baby? Maybe I wasn't far off....

I could never be a doctor.  I just don't have it in me.  I mean, I find our bodies fascinating and amazing everything, but when it comes right down to it, there are just too many soft pink things in there for my taste.  I was at my OB appointment today looking at the charts of all of our soft pink tubes and balloons, thinking my doctor sees all of these squishy things all the time.  I couldn't do it.

Baby Tad is healthy and happy.  She certainly is a squirmer.  She's big enough now that it's kind of uncomfortable when she moves around.  I actually prefer the kicks she used to belt out over the slow-motion tai chi she's been pushing on me with lately.  It just doesn't really feel nice.  It is funny, however, to see my belly move and change shape with her position.  That's weird.  It amazes me and the Bubba every time.

We knew she was big.  I mean, I'M big, and I've measured big from the beginning of this pregnancy - we just assumed she was long like her daddy.  But evidently, she's HUGE.  Today my doctor said that I'm measuring considerably big and now I have to go get an ultrasound to see exactly how big this baby is.  She did say that she didn't want to scare me with talk of a 10 pound baby (then why'd you say it, doc?) but she is concerned with the baby's size.  My Bubba was a long skinny baby (go figure, he's a long skinny man now) and I was not a big baby.  WHY IS MY BABY BIG?  

I (very logically, of course) jumped to "she's big, will they have to induce early?  Will they have to take her via C-section?  Is a vaginal birth out of the question now?"  I guess that I'll have to just go get the ultrasound and just see how big "big" really is.

And it's a nice excuse to see my sweet baby again, right?  The ginormous thing.


2 comments:

Kate P said...

My cousin had four 10-pounders, as did my SIL's mom, so. . . take it all with a grain of salt and keep praying?

The Sojourner said...

I was 10 1/2 pounds and came out fine.